• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm always right. Have you not traversed this board enough to know this?!?!?!?

lol, I guess not.

Lots of hype about Forwards and D in this up-coming draft. What about Goalies with Mrazek out?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You get what you can for assets you dont want. What're you like 13?

I'm 9yo doing my English homework here.

The problem with Holland is that he has no ideas what he is doing. If Mrazek wasn't the goalie of his choice he should have traded him 2 years ago. Instead, he created a toxic conditions for him last year exposing him to expansion draft and openly trying to trade him. Now, the net result is no return for a goalie that still has much better potential than anyone we have in our pipeline. We basically need a goalie right now as Howard is going to play even worse having virtually no competition.

Just now, RusDRW said:

The problem with Holland is that he has no ideas what he is doing. If Mrazek wasn't the goalie of his choice he should have traded him 2 years ago. Instead, he created a toxic conditions for him last year exposing him to expansion draft and openly trying to trade him. Now, the net result is no return for a goalie that still has much better potential than anyone we have in our pipeline. We basically need a goalie right now as Howard is going to play even worse having virtually no competition.

Mannnn if you really are 9 yo, keep enjoying the simple life while you can

If you're not 9 year old, you trippin dawgggggggggggggggggggg 

3 hours ago, RusDRW said:

What are you talking about? Two years ago he looked like our future goalie. Than his play drastically went into the sewers. So eventually they tried to trade him to no avail, then exposed him in the expansion draft and finally did trade him. Holland has been trying to get rid of him for 2 years. Problem is, no one except some people on this forum wanted him. 

Well, this did seem likely to happen. Would have preferred to keep him and see if he continued his resurgence, but I do think it was unlikely that we were going to qualify him, so if that was the decision then I do think they took advantage of probably the only opportunity get a return for him. The goalie market and Mrazek's value did seem to be weak and it took the duo injuries to even get that much.

A 4th ain't much, but I think that'll be a 3rd since I think he'll win 5 games and they'll make the playoffs. But they'll probably play the Pens in the 1st round so I don't think it'll turn into a 2nd. And, I doubt they re-sign him with their duo so I'm betting it's just a 3rd, which is an okayish return.

So, who do we call up? Coreau? - that would help our draft odds, haha (edit: apparently he was just named the AHL player of the week, though)

21 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Well, this did seem likely to happen. Would have preferred to keep him and see if he continued his resurgence, but I do think it was unlikely that we were going to qualify him, so if that was the decision then I do think they took advantage of probably the only opportunity get a return for him. The goalie market and Mrazek's value did seem to be weak and it took the duo injuries to even get that much.

A 4th ain't much, but I think that'll be a 3rd since I think he'll win 5 games and they'll make the playoffs. But they'll probably play the Pens in the 1st round so I don't think it'll turn into a 2nd. And, I doubt they re-sign him with their duo so I'm betting it's just a 3rd, which is an okayish return.

So, who do we call up? Coreau? - that would help our draft odds, haha (edit: apparently he was just named the AHL player of the week, though)

Yeah, pretty much how I feel. I think we should have kept him for the remainder of this season, but I don't think Holland had any intention in qualifying him regardless how he performed down the stretch. I don't like the decision to move on from him, but I guess if we were anyway, at least we got something for him... Whatever. Hopefully he tears it up in Philly and they make it past a couple teams in the playoffs. The chance of a 4th turning into anything is slim, so getting a 2nd would make this a little more stomachable for me...

4 hours ago, RusDRW said:

Starting to understand why you have negative 166 reputation.

2 years ago Mrazek was still believed to be the next guy. Then he blew it, so Holland tried trading him. Didn’t work. Then Holland exposed him in the draft. Didn’t work. Then Holland tried trading him to Philly for a 3rd last week. Philly said No. Then with both of Phillies goalies officially down  they called up Holland and said “you still down??” And Holland said “YEAH BUT NOW I GOT CONDITIONS”

Hence the trade.

Edited by kickazz

Sounds like he was a horrible teammate. What you'll find in a lot of these trades over the next week is that the guys leaving will play much better. Would not shock me if Petr is leading Philly to the playoffs. A change of scenery will be huge for them. 

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Intelligent response.

You’ve been on a roll insulting people and breaking rules. Keep it up and you might end up on the Philly forums with Mrazek. 

As much as you guys insult me and break all the rules, none of you have any room to pull out the rule book on someone.

Biggest rule break is getting banned and coming back under a different name. Everyone knows who used to be who, so those folks should just keep quiet about forum rules.

This trade just goes to show, ALWAYS trust TSN insiders like Dreger and Mac.

9 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

I love it! This alone makes it ok to cheer for Philly to win it all!

#LetsGoFlyers!

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

As much as you guys insult me and break all the rules, none of you have any room to pull out the rule book on someone.

Biggest rule break is getting banned and coming back under a different name. Everyone knows who used to be who, so those folks should just keep quiet about forum rules.

The f*** you talking about? I’ve always been under this username. Who do you think I was before this? Go to my page, member since Feb 2, 2013.

Way to contradict you own post

Edited by kickazz

At the beginning of the year, I hoping they'd trade away both goalies by the end of the year.  Well, we're half way there now.  Mrazek started off good, had a good first showing in the playoffs, but truthfully he hasn't been good for two full years now.  It was around this time in 2016 that he collapsed and aside from a couple times he strung together 2-3 good games, he never got it back.  Mrazek was never going to be "our guy", so there's no point in keeping him on the roster IMO. 

While it would be easy to say that the horrible defense contributed to his poor stats (and that would be fair to say), its his style that bothered me the most.  His positioning, his aggressiveness at the wrong time, his inconsistency told me that this was a bigger problem than the defense in front of him.  I had hope at the beginning of the year when I read that he was working with a goaltending coach and I think it some ways it paid off this year, but he's still a back up.  Now maybe Philly has a goaltending coach that can get through to him and help him improve his game.

As far as the return on the trade, we get draft picks, shed $4 mil in salary.  He's our backup goalie, we exposed him to the expansion draft, his in the final year of his contract, I don't know how much people expected to get for him, but I'm fine with getting anything. Green will probably be next, that's another $6 mil and probably more picks.  Howard, Kronwall and Nyquist are all entering the final years of their contracts next year, I could see them getting dealt within the next year.  The rebuild may finally be underway.  

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The f*** you talking about? I’ve always been under this username. Who do you think I was before this? Go to my page, member since Feb 2, 2013.

Way to contradict you own post

I was referring to the general members with that statement. That is why I said  "who used to be who" so it didn't point a finger in your direction.

Apologies for it seeming otherwise.

What rulebook? This place is lawless so why doesn't everybody just stfu and talk about hockey.  Says the guy who deals out off topic one liners. 

No really, take your personal brattiness/pettyness to the PMs.

It truly derails some serious hot takes on how Holland s*** the bed on a guy who wasn't going to be around after this season.  /eyerolllololol

Seriously.  The writing has been on the wall since Mrazek's tantrum.  Jimmeh has a year left on and will help us stealth tank.  It's all going to plan doodz.

We'll get a third for him when all is said and done.  That's the market.  Philly IS the market.  Nobody else is taking Mrazek. 

Hextall’s thoughts on trade:

"You have to pay," Hextall said when asked about the goaltender market. "I think quite frankly when I look at this deal, I think it’s a fair and reasonable deal for both sides. If Petr performs, we pay more, Detroit gets more. If he doesn’t, they still get paid and it costs us a certain amount, but it’s not overpaid. If we do have success and we pay, then that’s good. It’s good for Detroit, good for us. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/with-neuvirth-out-long-term-flyers-pay-hefty-price-for-red-wings-petr-mrazek/amp/

Probably irrelevant question: McKenzie says if they make the “CF” the 2018 pick could become a 2nd.... does he mean conference final or cup final? Would think he’d just say “finals” if it were cup final but ya never know.