• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, Prolix said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 22.32.09.png

...and?

He'll be 29 before this season starts IN OCTOBER, then he'll be 30 before next season starts IN OCTOBER 2019, which is what I said. Test your math 2019-1989? Ya, equals 30.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus he'll be 30 at the start of next season. $5M, nah....pass. Forget the whole idea I brought up.

PLUS the term "hometown discount" doesn't only apply to players born in the area, it is, a lot of times applied to players that were drafted by a team, brought up through their system and still play for the team when they become a UFA. Lidstrom gave us hometown discounts all the time.

Edited by LeftWinger

I've mentioned before around here that I go fishing with an Islanders scout about once a year. I used some connections to dip my toe a lil bit into the scouting world about two years back when I was on hiatus from this website. Never found an industry more built on who you know, and gave up very quickly. Glad to see Toronto doing things like this, wish the Red Wings would to:

Dlef59UV4AAgpGj?format=jpg

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I've mentioned before around here that I go fishing with an Islanders scout about once a year. I used some connections to dip my toe a lil bit into the scouting world about two years back when I was on hiatus from this website. Never found an industry more built on who you know, and gave up very quickly. Glad to see Toronto doing things like this, wish the Red Wings would to:

Dlef59UV4AAgpGj?format=jpg

Noelle Needham at Minn St

Image result for noelle needham

She is a RH shot. Get on the phone Ken.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Noelle Needham at Minn St

Image result for noelle needham

She is a RH shot. Get on the phone Ken.

Exactly. Smart on the Leafs part. We talk a lot about Yzerman, but Shanahan's crew continues to shine as well. We may have hung on to Holland and Develano for too long.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Exactly. Smart on the Leafs part. We talk a lot about Yzerman, but Shanahan's crew continues to shine as well. We may have hung on to Holland and Develano for too long.

I applaud the Leafs progressiveness. And I like this Dubas kid. 

I am not, however, ready to climb onto the lap of this supposed genius Leafs turnaround. 

Fist off, it's been 5 decades of suffering and epic mismanagement with a few bright spots sprinkled in here and there to string their fans along. 5 DECADES

Secondly, what have they actually done? Sucked enough to get Mathews and didn't get Buffalo'd that draft year?  Finally convinced ONE hometown boy to leave his s***-show of an organization (who by the way under Lamoriello have actually made some great moves themselves) and come home after striking out on many others over the years? Babcock? Please

Nothing p1sses me off more than Wings fans who do a same-sentence praise of Leafs management while sh1tting on the Wings management. Logic? Wings have been average for what, 6 or 7 years? Sucked for two? vs 50 years of futility? And Holland is already turning it around. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I am not, however, ready to climb onto the lap of this supposed genius Leafs turnaround. 

Fist off, it's been 5 decades of suffering and epic mismanagement with a few bright spots sprinkled in here and there to string their fans along. 5 DECADES

Secondly, what have they actually done? Sucked enough to get Mathews and didn't get Buffalo'd that draft year?  Finally convinced ONE hometown boy to leave his s***-show of an organization (who by the way under Lamoriello have actually made some great moves themselves) and come home after striking out on many others over the years? Babcock? Please

Nothing p1sses me off more than Wings fans who do a same-sentence praise of Leafs management while sh1tting on the Wings management. Logic? Wings have been average for what, 6 or 7 years? Sucked for two? vs 50 years of futility? And Holland is already turning it around. 

I'm not quite as bitter as you, but I share your sentiment on Toronto.  Until they win, people need to settle down.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'm not quite as bitter as you, but I share your sentiment on Toronto.  Until they win, people need to settle down.

Not bitter. Just fatigued. As a Canadian I have to deal with the Leafs being shoved down my throat 24-7. It bums me out to have to hear it from Wings fans now too. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

As a Canadian I have to deal with the Leafs being shoved down my throats 24-7. 

What kind of leaves? Palmately compound or pinnately compound? 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They got Babs

So, since this season already seems to be a wash, I am thinking ahead to the TDL and free agency next summer.

Pending UFA's: Vanek, Nyquist, Kronwall, Jensen, Witkowski, Howard

Pending RFA's: Frk, Hicketts

Vanek and Nyquist both have NTC, so they aren't going anywhere at the TDL, no matter how much you want to trade them. And no, I don't think they waive them to get off this team, although anything is possible. If Nyquist waives it, and you can trade him, do it.  But, Vanek will leave via free agency and will not be brought back. Nyquist could be re-signed to a 3 year deal.

Kronwall has a modified NTC, but there is no way they trade him, even if one of the 10 teams on his list come calling. It's not their style. He will retire at the end of the season as a Red Wing.

Witkowski could be traded, but I doubt there is any interest. He won't be re-signed.

Jensen and Howard are the 2 most likely trade candidates. Neither have NTC/NMC protection. They both have replacements on the roster. They should be traded if there is any interest. Either could be re-signed as free agents in the off season, Jensen to a 2 year deal, and Howard to a 2-3 year deal.

Frk and Hicketts should only be brought back if there is a roster spot available.

2019 Signed F (11): Larkin, Nielsen, Abby, Helm, Mantha, AA, Glendening, Bertuzzi, Rass, Ehn, Svech.

That leaves 3 spots. One for Zadina, and the other 2 for either Nyquist or Frk. (Unless of course the Wings manage to win the lottery and get Hughes 1st overall)

2019 Signed D (6): Green , DD, Cholowski, Daley, E, Hronek.

That leaves only 1 spot. I would re-sign Hicketts to be a "tweener" and try to re-sign Jensen to a 2 year deal as a 3rd pair D to give the team another RH D. Sulak is another option.

When all is said and done, this roster won't look much different than it does this year.

Forwards:

Larkin, Mantha, Zadina

Nielsen, Rass, Nyquist

AA, Bert, Svech

Abby, Glendening, Helm

Ehn/Frk 

(G. Smith, Turgeon)

Defense:

Cholowski, Green

Daley, Hronek

E, DD

Jensen 

(Hicketts, Sulak)

Goalies:

Howard

Bernier

(Sateri)

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So, since this season already seems to be a wash, I am thinking ahead to the TDL and free agency next summer.

Pending UFA's: Vanek, Nyquist, Kronwall, Jensen, Witkowski, Howard

Pending RFA's: Frk, Hicketts

Vanek and Nyquist both have NTC, so they aren't going anywhere at the TDL, no matter how much you want to trade them. And no, I don't think they waive them to get off this team, although anything is possible. If Nyquist waives it, and you can trade him, do it.  But, Vanek will leave via free agency and will not be brought back. Nyquist could be re-signed to a 3 year deal.

Kronwall has a modified NTC, but there is no way they trade him, even if one of the 10 teams on his list come calling. It's not their style. He will retire at the end of the season as a Red Wing.

Witkowski could be traded, but I doubt there is any interest. He won't be re-signed.

Jensen and Howard are the 2 most likely trade candidates. Neither have NTC/NMC protection. They both have replacements on the roster. They should be traded if there is any interest. Either could be re-signed as free agents in the off season, Jensen to a 2 year deal, and Howard to a 2-3 year deal.

Frk and Hicketts should only be brought back if there is a roster spot available.

2019 Signed F (11): Larkin, Nielsen, Abby, Helm, Mantha, AA, Glendening, Bertuzzi, Rass, Ehn, Svech.

That leaves 3 spots. One for Zadina, and the other 2 for either Nyquist or Frk. (Unless of course the Wings manage to win the lottery and get Hughes 1st overall)

2019 Signed D (6): Green , DD, Cholowski, Daley, E, Hronek.

That leaves only 1 spot. I would re-sign Hicketts to be a "tweener" and try to re-sign Jensen to a 2 year deal as a 3rd pair D to give the team another RH D. Sulak is another option.

When all is said and done, this roster won't look much different than it does this year.

Forwards:

Larkin, Mantha, Zadina

Nielsen, Rass, Nyquist

AA, Bert, Svech

Abby, Glendening, Helm

Ehn/Frk 

(G. Smith, Turgeon)

Defense:

Cholowski, Green

Daley, Hronek

E, DD

Jensen 

(Hicketts, Sulak)

Goalies:

Howard

Bernier

(Sateri)

Would not care at all if Frk or Hicks were allowed to walk away.