• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Losing Streak affecting Babcock's Decision?

Rate this topic

I can see this current slump having an affect on his thinking process though...He says he expects more out of Erik Cole...WHAT?!? At least Cole is scoring some and contributing...how about expecting more out of Helm, Andersson, Jurco, Quincey, Ericsson, Howard to name a few? How about stop ******* playing Andersson in an offensive role when he doesn't even belong on this team, let alone playing in between Tatar and Pulkkinen! Helm is a GREAT 4th line center, how about you stop trying to make him a top 6 winger, how about that? Remember Dan Cleary? He was a great bottom six player, until you decided that he was a top line winger and tried to force him into a role that he had no business being in! Sure, Weiss hasn't been what he was expected to be, but Jesus H, he IS AN OFFESIVE MINDED CENTER!!! With the unfortunate injury to Datsyuk, you try to force Andersson to be that offensive center rather than inserty a player that can actually score some goals? Holy s***! We get it, you don't like Weiss, just like you didn't like Modano or Commodore or Legwand, we get it, its your way or you go cry like a *****, but you continue to force players like Helm and Andersson into a scoring role, which they are both totally inept at, and you wonder why you are in a slump! Then, one of the guys that is actually contributing, you call out and say you expect more of him? WTF!?! FFS, I cannot wait until Franzen says he is healthy and you continue to try to force him into a top line scoring "threat" and then demote Cole to the 4th line like you did Legwand. I am ******* surprised you aren't playing Kindl and sitting Zitlicky because you expect more out of him!!!

I honeslty do not care if Babcock goes to TO over the summer, I am about tired of his dumb ass line concoctions putting players where they have NO business being. In no world does Helm or Anderson belong anywhere near Datsyuk, Tatar, Pulkkinen, Cole or Zetterberg, et al. on a line.

Helm in the top 6, ******* Andersson between Tatar and Pulkkinen, pass the crack pipe bro...

I HOPE this little slump and possible 1st round exit makes him leave, good day sir, you lose, you get nothing!

I almost think it might be the best for both parties to move on and I'm not drawing that conclusion solely from this recent poor stretch.

Babs is a wonderful coach, but ten years in one place is an eternity for coaches these days. If the Wings are committed to continue developing from within and embracing the wave of young players already here and coming soon, I think it's the perfect time to give Blashill the job. He's the one that has really set the foundation for players seemingly smoothly transitioning from Grand Rapids to Detroit when called upon.

If the Wings were a true contender, I don't know how you walk away from Babs if you feel like the team could win it all soon. I just think the current situation is the opportunity for Blashill to take over. Because he's going to be an NHL coach before long.

Edited by GoWings1905

I can see this current slump having an affect on his thinking process though...He says he expects more out of Erik Cole...WHAT?!? At least Cole is scoring some and contributing...how about expecting more out of Helm, Andersson, Jurco, Quincey, Ericsson, Howard to name a few? How about stopf****** playing Andersson in an offensive role when he doesn't even belong on this team, let alone playing in between Tatar and Pulkkinen! Helm is a GREAT 4th line center, how about you stop trying to make him a top 6 winger, how about that? Remember Dan Cleary? He was a great bottom six player, until you decided that he was a top line winger and tried to force him into a role that he had no business being in! Sure, Weiss hasn't been what he was expected to be, but Jesus H, he IS AN OFFESIVE MINDED CENTER!!! With the unfortunate injury to Datsyuk, you try to force Andersson to be that offensive center rather than inserty a player that can actually score some goals? Holy s***! We get it, you don't like Weiss, just like you didn't like Modano or Commodore or Legwand, we get it, its your way or you go cry like a *****, but you continue to force players like Helm and Andersson into a scoring role, which they are both totally inept at, and you wonder why you are in a slump! Then, one of the guys that is actually contributing, you call out and say you expect more of him? WTF!?! FFS, I cannot wait until Franzen says he is healthy and you continue to try to force him into a top line scoring "threat" and then demote Cole to the 4th line like you did Legwand. I amf****** surprised you aren't playing Kindl and sitting Zitlicky because you expect more out of him!!!

I honeslty do not care if Babcock goes to TO over the summer, I am about tired of his dumb ass line concoctions putting players where they have NO business being. In no world does Helm or Anderson belong anywhere near Datsyuk, Tatar, Pulkkinen, Cole or Zetterberg, et al. on a line.

Helm in the top 6,f****** Andersson between Tatar and Pulkkinen, pass the crack pipe bro...

I HOPE this little slump and possible 1st round exit makes him leave, good day sir, you lose, you get nothing!

i get where you are coming from regarding the lines. i don't think these games since the deadline will affect his decision too much. babcock likes the way we played the last 3. he sees a turning point. as for the lines though. i'm not gonna let this die until babcock does it for the rest of the season.

zet-dat-abby

tatar-weiss-cole

nyquist-sheahan-pulk (or franzen)

helm-glend-jurco

If we have another first round disaster as you called it maybe a change wouldn't be such a bad idea. I like Mike a lot but as he has said before sometimes the message gets old and change is needed. He is a smart guy if he thinks he can still deliver the message and the Illich group are going to pay him Im sure everything will fall into place.

Remember what it was like when Bowman left? Some people didn't even know who Mike Babcock was. The wings will find another likeable winning guy dont worry.

I agree, but putting Franzen back in the lineup is much like trying to make Helm a top 3 guy. You got a better chance of licking your own elbow than Franzen EVER being even a mediorce hockey player again. No use in stunting Pulkks growth by using Franzen. He is done, over. The other guys you put in there I can deal with, except I think that Jurco needs to spend a bit more time in GR to hone his game, utilize Miller in that spot. Jurco is not a grinder, he is an offensive player, but he isn't scoring because of the role Babcock is forcing him to play, he is not a bottom line checker, plain and simple. That is why he is not scoring.

If we have another first round disaster as you called it maybe a change wouldn't be such a bad idea. I like Mike a lot but as he has said before sometimes the message gets old and change is needed. He is a smart guy if he thinks he can still deliver the message and the Illich group are going to pay him Im sure everything will fall into place.

Remember what it was like when Bowman left? Some people didn't even know who Mike Babcock was. The wings will find another likeable winning guy dont worry.

In between Bowman and Babcock we had Dave Lewis, and during his short tenure, he tried to do things the way Scotty did and that is when that system got stale. Blashill has a similar system, but most of the young players on this team probably have more respect for Blashill than Babcock, just because they have played under him and developed under him. Not that I am saying the players don't respect Babcock, but I believe the "future" would thrive better under Blashill. Plus, we cannot afford to lose Blashill to another organization just to keep Babcock here too long. A change is close to being needed and I want that change to be Blashill. If Babcock wants more power in an organization, then he can leave.

I agree, but putting Franzen back in the lineup is much like trying to make Helm a top 3 guy. You got a better chance of licking your own elbow than Franzen EVER being even a mediorce hockey player again. No use in stunting Pulkks growth by using Franzen. He is done, over. The other guys you put in there I can deal with, except I think that Jurco needs to spend a bit more time in GR to hone his game, utilize Miller in that spot. Jurco is not a grinder, he is an offensive player, but he isn't scoring because of the role Babcock is forcing him to play, he is not a bottom line checker, plain and simple. That is why he is not scoring.

agreed....i knew there was someone i was missing. yes miller instead of jurco.

The team is going through a slump. Every team goes through slumps. The 07/08 Red Wings went through a slump (albeit started by injuries). Babcock is smart enough to realize no team is gonna coast through a season without facing adversity. This slump will have absolutely no effect on his decision in the offseason.

A few bad games isn't going to change his mind.

RE: Roster decisions. Before Cleary's knees went bad, he was a hell of a complimentary player for skilled guys. He was fast, he'd hit, and he had enough skill to keep up. Babcock was just too stubborn to see that he was done before last year.

Andersson isn't much of a scoring line center, but he's not a checker either. He's just one of those 'tweener guys who don't do anything really well. He's a good reserve, but that's it. He's had some limited success in that role though, so they might as well try it if Babcock won't put Weiss there.

They have Glendening to play checking center, they don't need Helm there. He's done fine as a support player. So has Abdelkader.

Modano didn't play because he came into camp out of shape, took forever to get back into playing shape and get any traction, and when he was starting to finally play better he had his wrist tendons severed right and never recovered. Legwand had trouble learning the defensive system, which is a danger of any deadline trade.

Maybe he thinks calling out Cole will piss him off and light a fire. I remember when Bowman singled out Shanahan after a bad run by the team even though everyone was playing like hot garbage, and the next game Shanny went apes***.

I think Babcock can see through a streak. More importantly he can see exactly where the team is, even when they were performing well. I think he has already decided to go & I think he will end up coaching the Sharks. They are closer, SJ is a beautiful place to live. I don't think he will want to wait the three years to be competitive in a meaningful way & why should he have faith that the right decisions will be made within 3 years. We have a few really interesting kids but we are going to loose a couple "special" players soon. Kronner is exhausted and while Danny will be a solid guy they have nothing else long term on the back end, nothing.

I believe in this season of ups and downs that we're just going through a serious slump. This team is capable of turning things around in time for the playoffs. We've seen them play great hockey where they can compete with the best in the league and it's not the first stretch of games they've looked like they couldn't possibly win a game without a huge amount of luck

I think Babcock can see through a streak. More importantly he can see exactly where the team is, even when they were performing well. I think he has already decided to go & I think he will end up coaching the Sharks. They are closer, SJ is a beautiful place to live. I don't think he will want to wait the three years to be competitive in a meaningful way & why should he have faith that the right decisions will be made within 3 years. We have a few really interesting kids but we are going to loose a couple "special" players soon. Kronner is exhausted and while Danny will be a solid guy they have nothing else long term on the back end, nothing.

The Sharks are closer to what exactly? They are not even in a playoff spot and have just as many locker room issues as the Leafs.

The Sharks are closer to what exactly? They are not even in a playoff spot and have just as many locker room issues as the Leafs.

Tougher, fast. They will get a new GM They could be straightened out more easily than the Wings. Even if the Wings get in the play offs (no guarantee) they won't go far. Sj are a couple tweaks away from being a good team that is built to battle in the playoffs. Wings are not playoff tough. History keeps revealing it. Some interesting kids in GR for sure. A little over valued though. Remember when Smith was the guy everyone wanted as part of any trade? He will be a solid 4 - 5 guy but not more. He sure knows how to hit the glass with his shot! Edited by pondrocket

I can see this current slump having an affect on his thinking process though...He says he expects more out of Erik Cole...WHAT?!? At least Cole is scoring some and contributing...how about expecting more out of Helm, Andersson, Jurco, Quincey, Ericsson, Howard to name a few? How about stopf****** playing Andersson in an offensive role when he doesn't even belong on this team, let alone playing in between Tatar and Pulkkinen! Helm is a GREAT 4th line center, how about you stop trying to make him a top 6 winger, how about that? Remember Dan Cleary? He was a great bottom six player, until you decided that he was a top line winger and tried to force him into a role that he had no business being in! Sure, Weiss hasn't been what he was expected to be, but Jesus H, he IS AN OFFESIVE MINDED CENTER!!! With the unfortunate injury to Datsyuk, you try to force Andersson to be that offensive center rather than inserty a player that can actually score some goals? Holy s***! We get it, you don't like Weiss, just like you didn't like Modano or Commodore or Legwand, we get it, its your way or you go cry like a *****, but you continue to force players like Helm and Andersson into a scoring role, which they are both totally inept at, and you wonder why you are in a slump! Then, one of the guys that is actually contributing, you call out and say you expect more of him? WTF!?! FFS, I cannot wait until Franzen says he is healthy and you continue to try to force him into a top line scoring "threat" and then demote Cole to the 4th line like you did Legwand. I amf****** surprised you aren't playing Kindl and sitting Zitlicky because you expect more out of him!!!

Helm in the top 6,f****** Andersson between Tatar and Pulkkinen, pass the crack pipe bro...

My god, this post is exactly how I feel.

I honestly don't know how on this forum Babcock went from one of the best coaches in the league to one of the most hated members of the Wings franchise. Maybe because Blashill has surfaced? I don't know. Just because someone has success in college and the minors, doesn't automatically make them a slam dunk NHL coach. I also don't get what some fans want from the guy? I mean, he took the Wings to the Stanley cup, winning ones, and if not for some creative officiating and a missed Cleary breakaway, probably would have won back to back titles. This is also the same guy that has taken a sub par/young and injury prone team to the playoffs the past several years. Not many coaches could have done that. Do I love everything about him? No, not by a long shot, but I wouldn't want to see him go anywhere else.

I love Babcock and want him to stay But I won't be mad if we lose him and Blashill is promoted, then it will really start the youth movement and players will play where they're suppose to play just look at Cooper in Tampa he and Blashill are very much alike

Plus I think guys like Jurco Sheahan Mrazek hell even Tatar and Nyquist would flourish under him

Count me in on the OK if Babs leave and Blashill comes up. Everybody knows we do a great job in the farm team with over riping players, why not try the philosophy on a coach now.

Edited by RedWingsRox