• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

3/17 GDT - Red Wings at Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

This to me, is the most important game of the season.

Its very possible to make the playoffs at this moment in time, given the schedule and game in hand against PHI.

Lose this one, and that changes drastically. If they don't win this against a bottom feeder, they clearly don't have it any more. I'd rather just drop in the standings for a higher pick tbh.

start on @#!$!@%$!#^#^ time! PLEASE!!!

Show heart /character

I wouldn't be sooo bloody ticked if they were going down swinging vs this oh well shrug of the shoulders effort.

Tonight is a character test need people playing like their job is on the line!

They should come out of the gate tonight the way Philly did last game and show some god damn urgency. The talent is there. They get beat to the puck, pushed around and they don't crash the net. Defensive turnovers in our own zone, no one scoring. A lot to fix but if they care then maybe we can earn ourselves a shot at the playoffs if we can muster up a nice winning streak. But yes I'm worried. But always, GO WINGS!

Also: most repulsive gdt ever. I love it!

Edited by GoWings!

Starts tonight. They come out like crap again that's it. They have to go 8-4 possibly 9-3 in their final 12 to make it. That includes hypothetical wins against Philly and Pittaburgh at the Joe btw. If they don't win tonight they are done.

GM and players aside for this comment: Blash better have these guys ready to play tonight. They lose tonight, I see this as the tipping point of where things don't end well for him here in Detroit. Not saying he'll be fired if we miss the playoffs, However, fair or unfair, he'll have a label on him for the rest of his career here as (the coach who broke our streak), and he'll be under the microscope with fans from here on out...which typically doesn't end well for any coach in any sport. Really, the only way out from underneath the microscope with fans is to win a Championship/Stanley Cup (or come really, really close...like SCF game 7 loss)...which puts very few Red Wings career options on the table for him to get done in a diminishing time frame. Fans tend to start shoveling every team woe on the coaches under the microscope....then it reaches critical mass and bye-bye.

I don't know if Blash is a good coach or not. So far (and considering injuries and the roster he's been given), he's average. However, I don't want to see it end badly for him here in Detroit. I respect his career path to getting here, and would rather have had him stay in GR than come here and have it end in a disaster.

Let's play with urgency starting after we are down 2-0....kidding. Let's play with urgency right from the start. Let's do this!!

Looks like it is Howard starting, sorry for the inaccuracy. I knew I was going to be at work today and would be unable to update the GDT so I went solely on projections.

I hereby change my prediction from 5-2 to 5-4 in OT.

Thanks for all the kind feedback about the GDT, there's still time left in the season for anyone to post up your ugliest and worst. LGW!