• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/20 GDT : Calgary Flames 3, at Red Wings 2

I missed the third period but saw that Howard took a penalty with like a minute and 15 seconds left.  Why did Mantha serve the penalty? This team struggles hardcore to score goals and the one goal scorer you have sits in the box at the end of the game? Am I missing something?

Just now, brett said:

fire blashill yet?

I didn't pay much attention last year but I've noticed this year that defensively the Wings have often had a very heavy four (sometimes five) player swarm, which is just ridiculous to me.  I don't know if it's just our players being stupid or if this is a coaching strategy, but it's been a regular thing this year so I'm inclined to think it's a strategic thing (but who knows).  In any event it's terrible defensive hockey and it should have been addressed long ago.

Mantha was our best forward in the 3rd period and Blash has him serve Howard's penalty :lol: You can't write the s*** this coach does.

The race to the bottom continues. As much as it will suck if we miss the playoffs, the franchise will be better for it. I just hope as the losses mount the coach doesn't sit kids in favor of vets. Mantha, Sproul, AA need to keep playing. I'd like to see XO in as well but that will never happen. We need to have Kronwall's veteran leadership.

Just now, chicagooverrated said:

2013, i don't want to even say the name of the team

Friendly reminder that the Blackhawks dominated possession in that series. It was a wonder that the Wings went up 3-1 in the first place (mainly just because of Jimmy).

How can Holland have the nerve to fire Blashill and not step down himself?  

He's the main problem with the team.  He racked up the salary on this team despite not bringing in talented players.  He overpaid all the home grown trash we have.  He needs to stop taking advantage of the jaded Ilitch family and step down. Have some honor like a Japanese warrior and realize it's time to leave.  

Firing Blashill is another way for Holland to avoid the blame.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Last time I checked - Japanese warriors performed seppuku.

I was gonna say, I could think of quicker methods for Holland to step down.. :lol:

I know this is all frustrating, and all things considered, everything this season on these forums has been surprisingly civil. I'd like to keep it that way, maintain good discussion and less going for the throat. I speak for all the mod staff here when I say I appreciate you guys and gals and how everyone is upholding a dignified standard at this time of not-so-great hockey out of our squad.

7 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Leafs are doing better than us...I'm gonna be sick!

I predicted they would finish higher than us.

6 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Has Detroit ever fired a head coach?  Legit question from me... I seriously wonder.

Jacques Demers and Dave Lewis were fired. 

9 minutes ago, MotorCityMadness said:

That or you make the hard decision and start sitting the "established" veterans in favor of the young players to make a statement that this pile of crap we get to witness every night will not be acceptable

Coincidently the worst players tonight were Ericsson, Kronwall, Nyquist. Kronwall was directly responsible for the GWG. Also, Z is just too broke to carry them anymore.

Best players tonight, Mantha, Larkin, Sproul, Ott and Vanek of course. Howard did what he could. I don't blame him for any of the goals.

8 minutes ago, xault said:

3 points from last place in the league, with 3 more games played. I'm pretty sure we have the worst Last 10 games played

Actually starting to panic. I didn't think we would be this bad. 

This team is so sh*tty that it is embarrassing, worst in the past 15 years.  Like put away all my Red Wings jerseys and shirts embarrassing.  About 20 games in and scraping the bottom of the barrel.  And of all the years to be sh*tty ... there is no big prize in next year's draft.