• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckbags

Riley Sheahan ( aka Mr Teletubby)

Rate this topic

On 12/12/2016 at 4:59 PM, puckbags said:

I don't agree with this really. He's improved every year and I expected like most people ( maybe not you lol ) that he would get 20 goals this year and be a solid 2nd/3rd line center.  The cap hit is minimal and I do agree with his play right now he is 4th line player.  

For me anyway he did not improve at all last year and is getting worse much like Erickson did years ago after he had a decent year. Everyone thought he would get better and better and it just never happened.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:34 AM, Krayzie_Bone said:

For me anyway he did not improve at all last year and is getting worse much like Erickson did years ago after he had a decent year. Everyone thought he would get better and better and it just never happened.

Literally every player has gotten worse under Blashill.  Sheahan is just an easy target.  When your powerplay goes from 2nd in the league to the bottom, and all your players offensive numbers decrease dramatically, it's probably a systemic issue.  Sheahan's definitely not playing well, but the level of scapegoating around here is pretty intense.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Literally every player has gotten worse under Blashill.  Sheahan is just an easy target.  When your powerplay goes from 2nd in the league to the bottom, and all your players offensive numbers decrease dramatically, it's probably a systemic issue.  Sheahan's definitely not playing well, but the level of scapegoating around here is pretty intense.

Scapegoating? The guy has 0 goals. 0. He has been awful. It doesn't matter who the coach is. 0+0 =0, 0 x 0= 0 . He is just another one of the issues.  You can blame the system all you want, yea it's not good I agree but his job is to score 15-20 goals a year. He's on pace for...well.....................................0 

So today apparently Blashill pulled Mantha off of the PP practice unit in favor of, guess who? Mr. Sheahan. 

I don't even know what to say anymore. If Mantha is off the PP and Sheahan is on it tomorrow night my mind will officially be blown.

5 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

So today apparently Blashill pulled Mantha off of the PP practice unit in favor of, guess who? Mr. Sheahan. 

I don't even know what to say anymore. If Mantha is off the PP and Sheahan is on it tomorrow night my mind will officially be blown.

And yet Detroit local media will still refuse to believe any of this mess has anything to do with Blash. 

I don't know why Sheahan is in the lineup every night. Let alone on the pp. #freejurco

Why would we want Mantha on the power-play? He's no selke candidate. Everyone knows smart defensive players is what makes a good power-play run. Mantha may be one of our biggest, strongest players, and best shooters, but we need more defense on the power-play, not offense. I say swap out Vanek for Glendening while we're at it. Two short-handed goals against in one game? Glendog wouldn't allow that s***. Where the f*** is Miller we ya need him anyway?...

Honestly, it would make a lot of sense if thiis team was secretly embracing the tank. I won't be cheering against the wings and I hope for them to win every game but it's time to think about draft position. This team has performed like a bottom 5 team all year I don't think theirs some magic switch they can turn on. I just hope for good games from the young kids

You know, I always wondered why Mark Mowers wasn't used more on the powerplay.  Shanahan was usually in that spot on the slot, but Mowers had an underrated one-timer and should have taken some of Shanny's PP time.  

This is a brilliant move by the coach.  Not like we're going to fall out of last place.  Same goes for the powerplay ranking.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

A second year coach that should be worried about his job security wouldn't be teaching lessons to young players at the expense of the team. I think management has decided that player growth is more important than team success. Let's admit AA, Mantha and Larkin are far from perfect top six players and if they develop in high end, balanced players than it was all worth it. I mean the team needs to rebuild, this is what losing feels like. If the team rode the youngsters through ups and downs then maybe a guy like Mantha has a stat line like Sheahan one year. Wouldn't be good for a young player

11 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Ansar said on twitter that both Mantha and Nyquist were pulled from the PP for not back-checking.

He was also quite critical of Blash for using Helm and Abdelkader on the PP. Rare that Ansar is opinionated like this.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs
grammar

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ansar said on twitter that both Mantha and Nyquist were pulled from the PP for not back-checking.

He was also quite critical of Blash for using Helm and Abdelkader on the PP. Rare to Ansar opinionated like this.

Basically anyone can see Blashill is a totally incompetent NHL coach - remember just a couple years ago our powerplay was top 5 I think? the last 2 years we've been struggling - any coincidence there? Blashill at the helm. 

Basically anyone can see Blashill is a totally incompetent NHL coach - remember just a couple years ago our powerplay was top 5 I think? the last 2 years we've been struggling - any coincidence there? Blashill at the helm. 

According to some people he's really not that bad.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, joesuffP said:

I wonder how long it's going to be before people stop referring to that one year we had a good power play years ago 

The point is that we had a better powerplay with the same, or worse, personnel.  Which implies that it's the system/coaching that's the issue.  It's not like we're mentioning it for kicks.  It seems to suggest that our PP COULD be good with who we have now.  You know, critical thinking, drawing reasonable conclusions from the evidence available, etc. 

Freidmans 31 thoughts

Ferris also represents Andreas Athanasiou. The longer this takes, the more you think a Detroit-Pittsburgh trade is contingent on his signing with the Red Wings. At his season-opening media conference, Penguins GM Jim Rutherford indicated there were three options for the Penguins to consider. Riley Sheahan is one, and I think the parameters are all but agreed to. (I’m wondering if Derrick Pouliot is a possibility, he seems like a sensible gamble for Detroit.) But, I don’t know how the Red Wings feel about potentially losing both Athanasiou and Sheahan, which could be holding up the deal. Of course, Pittsburgh could decide to move on, too.

Sounds like a Sheahan trade to Pittsburgh is all lined up, Holland just needs to pull the trigger

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Good find, CRL.

Friedman's about as credible as it gets, so it appears this is indeed an actual thing.

I'm thinking maybe it's something like...

To PIT: Sheahan
To DET: Pouliot + a pick

Not sure about the whole "deal is contingent on signing AA" bit. To me it seems like the trade would free up space to give AA what he wants. So trade first, then sign AA. Not the other way around. But I'm stupid, so what do I know.