• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, lwing said:

I'm very relaxed. Comes from hard work and being in control of one's life. Went away to look at my retirement funds and investments. Market is a down a little today, but having a well thought out balanced portfolio keeps me cool every day. So, keep posting boys and I'll go back to my money. 

I have always found in life, when a person has to always talk about how great they are, there is usually a reason, and it's generally not because they are great.

44 minutes ago, kliq said:

I have always found in life, when a person has to always talk about how great they are, there is usually a reason, and it's generally not because they are great.

And yet you wont let anyone else talk about others being great.  Strange

On 2/28/2017 at 9:11 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Never saw the movie. Was too busy working and being in control of my investments.

Not the movie, it was a comic for decades. Part of general cultural knowledge among those reasonably aware and educated. 

On 3/1/2017 at 0:19 AM, kliq said:

You are so wise. I found that when someone wastes their life posting on a hockey forum, they generally have nothing much to show in other areas of life and rely instead on a meaningless online identity vs the one the identity have failed to establish in the real world. Greatness doesn't equal money, but money can represent someone who took on responsibilities, made decisions, set goals and worked toward achieving those goals. When you are a grown up who has done all this, maybe you will understand.

1 hour ago, lwing said:

You are so wise. I found that when someone wastes their life posting on a hockey forum, they generally have nothing much to show in other areas of life and rely instead on a meaningless online identity vs the one the identity have failed to establish in the real world. Greatness doesn't equal money, but money can represent someone who took on responsibilities, made decisions, set goals and worked toward achieving those goals. When you are a grown up who has done all this, maybe you will understand.

I post here because this woman, and 3 children I'm stuck with look at me like I'm from Mars when I discuss the Wings poor pp/pk at the dinner table.

Edited by F.Michael

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I post here because this woman, and 3 children I'm stuck with look at me like I'm from Mars when I discuss the Wings poor pp/pk at the dinner table.

I post here because my fiancé is a Leafs fan, dad is a Habs fan, brother-in-law is a Habs fan, all my close buddies are Leafs fans and one Canucks and Oilers fan... Not a single Wings fan... None of them give a s*** about the Red Wings. I love discussing Red Wings hockey, and this has been a great place to do that. Not because "I'm wasting my life posting", "have nothing to show in other areas of my life"... :rolleyes:

I'd bet anything that this lwing guy is a f***ing loser that lives in his parent's basement. No offense to anyone else that does, but at least you're not trying to impress the internet with all your success stories... :lol:

4 hours ago, lwing said:

Not the movie, it was a comic for decades. Part of general cultural knowledge among those reasonably aware and educated. 

4 hours ago, lwing said:

A grown up, reasonably aware and educated person, would be smart enough not to walk into a room and talk down to all the people in it.

I think LGW would be collectively thrilled if you returned to managing your money.

7 hours ago, lwing said:

Says the person going back and forth with "kids" on an internet hockey forum. Of all the posters involved in this discussion, you are the only one pushing how successful and great you are in "real life", which tells me in all likelihood, these qualities you claim to look down on most likely represent your thoughts when looking in a mirror. 

Listen sonny, am I going to sit here and brag about myself to push my point further? No, because whether or not it is true, it would be extremely lame.

When you grow up, you will understand this.

Edited by kliq

I love looking at the draft class of players we've traded that were drafted by us. We all know that drafts are a gamble, but the year we selected Smith in the 1st round at #27, the 43rd pick was Subban. 16 D were selected that year before Subban...

The year we traded down to choose Ferraro at #32,  #33 was Ryan O'Reilly.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I love looking at the draft class of players we've traded that were drafted by us. We all know that drafts are a gamble, but the year we selected Smith in the 1st round at #27, the 43rd pick was Subban. 16 D were selected that year before Subban...

The year we traded down to choose Ferraro at #32,  #33 was Ryan O'Reilly.

When it comes to D-men, it is so hard to accurately assess them at such a young age. Hopefully Holland drafts a ton of them, and we find our Subban. At Center that is very hard, on D it is very doable.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I post here because my fiancé is a Leafs fan, dad is a Habs fan, brother-in-law is a Habs fan, all my close buddies are Leafs fans and one Canucks and Oilers fan... Not a single Wings fan... None of them give a s*** about the Red Wings. I love discussing Red Wings hockey, and this has been a great place to do that. Not because "I'm wasting my life posting", "have nothing to show in other areas of my life"... :rolleyes:

I'd bet anything that this lwing guy is a f***ing loser that lives in his parent's basement. No offense to anyone else that does, but at least you're not trying to impress the internet with all your success stories... :lol:

i'll discuss hockey with ya this summer when I'm in Bay Roberts :)

25 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Smith already playing alongside McDonough in NY.  1st pairing.  Great job, Kenny.  Way to trade a good defenseman for nothing.  Smh.

i thought i was seeing things. WTF

That's our Brendan.  ;)

...and I'm pretty sure that Smitty spent some time on the first pairing here in Detroit.  So, it's not a first.

Edited by e_prime