• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

Detroit's first rounder.

Rate this topic

What is the lowest they will pick with this finishing order from 30th overall of all non-playoff teams?

Colorado

Vancouver

Arizona 

Las Vegas (same odds as Arizona, and picks no lower than 6th)

New Jersey

Buffalo

Detroit

Dallas

Florida

Los Angeles

Carolina

Winnipeg

Philadelphia

Tampa Bay

New York Islanders

Anyone know what the lowest the Wings pick can be, or is it impossible to have any idea until the lottery?

11 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

The most you can drop is 3 spots. So the worst pick the Wings can end up with in this draft is 10th overall. 

and how far up can we go? or is 7th the best we can do?

Edited by NerveDamage

5 hours ago, FireCaptain said:

Last night on the broadcast, Mick said between 9th and 5th.

Maybe that was before all the games were done? 

As it stands now, we can win a lotto pick or stay at 7 or move back up to three. Although moving all the way back to tenth would be even more unlikely than winning the first pick.. 

so our pick could be 1-3 or 7-10. Those are the possibilities. Here's a chart with percentage chances.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

12 minutes ago, amato said:

As it stands now, we can win a lotto pick or stay at 7 or move back up to three. Although moving all the way back to tenth would be even more unlikely than winning the first pick.. 

so our pick could be 1-3 or 7-10. Those are the possibilities. Here's a chart with percentage chances.

I love how it's called the "Tankathon" :lol:

I'm honestly not sure it matters too much unfortunately.  There doesn't appear to be any gems in this year's draft.  Very, very hard to predict with 18 year olds though.  Patrick is the #1 ranked, but I don't see anything too exciting about him.

37 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

I'm honestly not sure it matters too much unfortunately.  There doesn't appear to be any gems in this year's draft.  Very, very hard to predict with 18 year olds though.  Patrick is the #1 ranked, but I don't see anything too exciting about him.

This whole "weak draft" bulls*** is being totally overblown in my opinion. Sure, there's no one close to McDavid or even Matthews or Eichel, but getting Patrick, Vilardi or a number of other guys in the top 5 would be huge for us. Whoever we draft will immediately be our top ranked prospect, will likely make this team in a year to two years from now, and quite possibly be the best player on the team in three to five years. Of course there's no guarantee, but I'd say there are at least 5-7 guys in this years draft that will turn out to be better than any of the top young kids currently on this team...

14 hours ago, kjw25 said:

I am not sure but I believe Holland will trade their first round pick for Jarome Iginla because "he is an elite thinker and is ultra competitive." 

LOL 

14 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

The most you can drop is 3 spots. So the worst pick the Wings can end up with in this draft is 10th overall. 

Excellent. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

For what it's worth, if Holland drafts that kid, I will go so apes*** that I'll probably get banned from here, which would suck, but then again, I'd never watch another Red Wings game again, so I'd have nothing to discuss anyhow. Every last piece of Red Wings parphanelia would hit the bonfire. That would be the last nail in the coffin of my life as a Wings fan.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Once again - I have limited knowledge on any of these kids in the upcoming draft.

That said - is Pettersson a 'quality' forward, or is he just some random Swede that happens to remind some of a young Zetterberg?

Never heard of the kid. It'd be a typical Holland experimental pick trying to look like he knows what he's doing. Meanwhile all other teams draft the kids that are supposed to be drafted and Holland looks even more like a buffoon. There are no more hidden gems over there! Save the experiments for the later flipping rounds!

8 hours ago, amato said:

Nice chart. I notice it says "Note: The new Las Vegas franchise will be slotted at #3 for the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery" - I was under the impression that they had the same odds as #3 but couldn't fall any lower. But the chart has them going as low as 6th?

For an actual simulator this is a pretty cool site - http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

With Kenny having 11 picks this draft, I wonder if he'll use any to try and get another 1st round pick? 

Wings will draft Liljegren with their pick and I'm hoping we can get another 1st and take Popugayev.

Could Kenny even get more cunning and trade some picks for the help we badly need? 

2 hours ago, Wing Across The Pond said:

Nice chart. I notice it says "Note: The new Las Vegas franchise will be slotted at #3 for the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery" - I was under the impression that they had the same odds as #3 but couldn't fall any lower. But the chart has them going as low as 6th?

For an actual simulator this is a pretty cool site - http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

No they don't get #3 no matter what.. at least not in the first round. If say 4, 5, & 6 win the lotto spots, they'd pick 6th in the first round but 3rd in every other round. I'm pretty sure the order resets every other round anyway. 

So, just another example, the wings will pick 7th round 2 and later no matter what happens with the expansion draft. Someone please correct me if that's wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Liljegren probably won't be there at 7-10. If he gets 1-3 he damn well better not draft Liljegren. 

Honestly, there's been so much shuffling and so many different opinions/so many players raising and falling quickly, ya never know.

If we pick 7-10 and he's there though, that's who I'd expect and assuming all the top centers are off the board, I'd be happy with liljegren in the 7-10 range. I'm also a little biased toward offensive d-men though. 

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Never heard of the kid. It'd be a typical Holland experimental pick trying to look like he knows what he's doing. Meanwhile all other teams draft the kids that are supposed to be drafted and Holland looks even more like a buffoon. There are no more hidden gems over there! Save the experiments for the later flipping rounds!

Cholowski is a good example of one of his experiments. He even openly said he knew he would be a project that will take a few years. Most GMs would have taken Chychrun, or at least Max Jones, who was still available even after Holland dropped to #20 after the Datsyuk trade. He could screw up a pick even if he had the 1st overall in the McDavid/Eichel draft year.

From what I understand there are a ton of players who are about the same level and how you rank them is based more on what you like in a player than any real difference in potential. The 3rd guy taken could be the best one of that group or the 12th guy taken could. Saying you'll never watch again if they take X player is going a tad over board.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

45 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Cholowski is a good example of one of his experiments. He even openly said he knew he would be a project that will take a few years. Most GMs would have taken Chychrun, or at least Max Jones, who was still available even after Holland dropped to #20 after the Datsyuk trade. He could screw up a pick even if he had the 1st overall in the McDavid/Eichel draft year.

Godmotherf***ingsonofabitchbastards***assdamnit, no. Stop. Just stop. For the sake of all humanity, stop. I don't actually believe in god, but since this is the kind of s*** that would bring down all sorts of fire-&-brimstone-y wrath, I have to hedge my bets and beg you to stop.

"typical Holland experimental pick" is not a thing. Stop trying to make it one. Cholowski was not an experiment. He was the highest rated defenseman available. Even if he was, one pick is not "typical" in any sense of the word. And also 15 other GMs also passed on Chychrun. Stop acting like he's hockeyjesus. 

Petterson, for what it's worth, is the 2nd ranked EU skater. 12th on Craig's list, 5th by Hockeyprospect, 16th by ISS, 9th by Future Considerations, 7th by McKeen's. Hardly an experiment even if they do take him. (Which is probably unlikely since he's a winger we don't need. Button just saw someone compare him to Zetterberg, and said "hey, Wings!, Swedish!" even though the Wings haven't drafted a Swede in the 1st round since Kronwall.)

So just stop. There are legitimate things to criticize and intelligent ways to be critical. Please stop trying to bring on Armageddon.