• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

So you're not sure if it's true? Then how do you conclude that Z has power? Lol. Your supporting statement for your premise isn't a fact.

This is high school stuff dude. I shouldn't be explaining this. 

I’m sure he does have a certain level of sway within the organization. Players who have spent 20 years with a franchise since being drafted and played at the level he has, won a Cup, and is currently the captain, usually do. 

I’m just not sure if it’s at that level where he can influence the GM not to buy out a contract. I already said that was a rumour.

Sorry I didn’t word it EXACTLY right. Figured you could understand what I was trying to say.

7 hours ago, rwing said:

Alas, I remember my former alter ego getting ripped a new one for referencing a questionable source on the "Swedish Mafia", but I can never tell - are you being witty/funny or do you really think Z has that kind of influence? Or both?

My cynical side tells me Tatar is going to do well and we will see he was held back under Blashill. I still like the trade though. 

In all seriousness, I'm sure Zetterberg has pull just like any captain does, which I am fine with. The whole Swedish mafia thing is a giant exaggeration of reality that was created by Jeff Moss (I think thats his name) as he just takes everything to the extreme, or flat out makes crap up.

Edited by kliq

10 hours ago, kliq said:

In all seriousness, I'm sure Zetterberg has pull just like any captain does, which I am fine with. The whole Swedish mafia thing is a giant exaggeration of reality that was created by Jeff Moss (I think thats his name) as he just takes everything to the extreme, or flat out makes crap up.

Plus its fun to talk about!

I tried to make up a Michigan Mafia, we lost Drew Miller, but we gained Witkowski and Booth.

Dekeyser

Larkin

Abdelkader

Glendening

Witkowski

Booth

Coach Blashill

...pretty good contingent. Plus Larkin is pegged to be the new Don. 

members by association:

Coreau - North Mich Univ.

Daley - Sault St. Marie Greyhounds - technically in Ontario, but a bridge away.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus its fun to talk about!

I tried to make up a Michigan Mafia, we lost Drew Miller, but we gained Witkowski and Booth.

Dekeyser

Larkin

Abdelkader

Glendening

Witkowski

Booth

Coach Blashill

...pretty good contingent. Plus Larkin is pegged to be the new Don. 

members by association:

Coreau - North Mich Univ.

Daley - Sault St. Marie Greyhounds - technically in Ontario, but a bridge away.

Well thats tongue in cheek lol, Moss comes across like he has a personal vendetta against the Wings.

13 hours ago, kliq said:

Swedish mafia confirmed. 

Just like everyone knows the Capitals are controlled by the Russian Mafia, Kings by the Slovenian Mafia, and the Penguins by the Canadian Mafia, etc etc :P 

20 minutes ago, amato said:

Swedish mafia confirmed. 

Just like everyone knows the Capitals are controlled by the Russian Mafia, Kings by the Slovenian Mafia, and the Penguins by the Canadian Mafia, etc etc :P 

I thought the Pens were controlled by the American Diving Association?

I miss the days when we were the Russian Mafia! Red Army, KGB, we had the REAL bad assess, not the pansy Russian Federation guys.... :lol:

On 3/1/2018 at 2:15 PM, LeftWinger said:

I thought the Pens were controlled by the American Diving Association?

I miss the days when we were the Russian Mafia! Red Army, KGB, we had the REAL bad assess, not the pansy Russian Federation guys.... :lol:

Now the badasses sit at keyboards and meddle in elections.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Now the badasses sit at keyboards and meddle in elections.

Someone already mentioned #FakeNews a few posts ago.

On 2/28/2018 at 5:10 PM, kickazz said:

Bulls*** post as usual. You’re worse than fake news bro

Yep, here it is.

Did not see it mentioned, but the 2019 2nd round pick is actually a pick VEG got from the Isles. So, it will be a nice 2nd rounder to have, especially if they lose JT and s*** up the ice all next season. If they lose JT, they may be wanting to Tank for Hughes, so that 2nd could be in the high 30's....nice!

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Did not see it mentioned, but the 2019 2nd round pick is actually a pick VEG got from the Isles. So, it will be a nice 2nd rounder to have, especially if they lose JT and s*** up the ice all next season. If they lose JT, they may be wanting to Tank for Hughes, so that 2nd could be in the high 30's....nice!

You know what would be a double whammy, if we use their pick to land a good player AND we are the one's to take JT lol.

We'd have to shed so much more cap though in order to offer JT a knock his socks off contract, plus re-sign all our RFA's.

With the increase and Franzen's relief, we are going to have about $25M available. I don't think that is enough to get JT, plus give our RFA's what they deserve. Even if the kids took a bridge deal worth $3.5M per year each, that take's away $10.5M leaving only $15M to offer JT plus bring up a goalie, re-sign Frk and Bert, re-sign Green maybe and whatever money we have to spend of our 1st round pick to be here, plus call-ups!

If we could clear away the cap we need to offer JT($12M probably,) then STILL have that $25M, we'd be in great shape then! But that would mean trading away at least Nyquist or Helm along with Howard and XO.  IF we dealt Nyquist/Howard/XO for later round picks, we'd clear up $11.1M. I think we'd be in great shape to offer JT $12M, plus re-sign everyone at fair contracts along with the call-ups and Dahlin ( :P ) PLUS if we could get Kronnwal to retire? Another $4.75M! That would be over $40M available to do this!

We'd have to find a G though. I think one could be had for cheap.  I think Halak could be taken for $2M or less, then re-up Coreau to back him up. Wouldn't be the best G's, but it wouldn't be horrible. They can both be on 1 year contracts and play to earn another.

as discussed before, this is a franchise defining summer. If we want to be big players in the JT sweeps, we need to trade away cap, even if it's for rock bottom prices. I know they'd be worth more at the deadline, but if we have a legit chance to secure JT for the rest of his career, I say we fire sale those three for what we can get. EXAMPLES: Howard to Buffalo for a 3rd, Nyquist to Dallas for a 4th, XO to Montreal for a 5th all 2019 picks. Convince Kronwall to retire.

Draft Dahlin. Sign JT, Halak, Coreau, Green from UFA, re-sign all our RFA's. Recall Cholowski to fill out D.

...this should probably be in a thread titled 2018 Off-Season, but we don't have one.

Edited by LeftWinger

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

We'd have to shed so much more cap though in order to offer JT a knock his socks off contract, plus re-sign all our RFA's.

With the increase and Franzen's relief, we are going to have about $25M available. I don't think that is enough to get JT, plus give our RFA's what they deserve. Even if the kids took a bridge deal worth $3.5M per year each, that take's away $10.5M leaving only $15M to offer JT plus bring up a goalie, re-sign Frk and Bert, re-sign Green maybe and whatever money we have to spend of our 1st round pick to be here, plus call-ups!

If we could clear away the cap we need to offer JT($12M probably,) then STILL have that $25M, we'd be in great shape then! But that would mean trading away at least Nyquist or Helm along with Howard and XO.  IF we dealt Nyquist/Howard/XO for later round picks, we'd clear up $11.1M. I think we'd be in great shape to offer JT $12M, plus re-sign everyone at fair contracts along with the call-ups and Dahlin ( :P ) PLUS if we could get Kronnwal to retire? Another $4.75M! That would be over $40M available to do this!

We'd have to find a G though. I think one could be had for cheap.  I think Halak could be taken for $2M or less, then re-up Coreau to back him up. Wouldn't be the best G's, but it wouldn't be horrible. They can both be on 1 year contracts and play to earn another.

as discussed before, this is a franchise defining summer. If we want to be big players in the JT sweeps, we need to trade away cap, even if it's for rock bottom prices. I know they'd be worth more at the deadline, but if we have a legit chance to secure JT for the rest of his career, I say we fire sale those three for what we can get. EXAMPLES: Howard to Buffalo for a 3rd, Nyquist to Dallas for a 4th, XO to Montreal for a 5th all 2019 picks. Convince Kronwall to retire.

Draft Dahlin. Sign JT, Halak, Coreau, Green from UFA, re-sign all our RFA's. Recall Cholowski to fill out D.

image.png.e53cbe274a966bc0ed9d04cc5b5d8605.png

...this should probably be in a thread titled 2018 Off-Season, but we don't have one.

Holland can absolutely go for Tavares without having to shed cap. If he were to come here, the cap situation could be taken care of after the fact. It doesn't have to before. 

57 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Holland can absolutely go for Tavares without having to shed cap. If he were to come here, the cap situation could be taken care of after the fact. It doesn't have to before. 

Why would JT come to Detroit?  That's the bigger issue.  It won't be fore money because he'll get that anywhere.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ah about the same chances you put on Mrazek being traded...

No, Mrazek being traded actually had better odds than a Tavares signing, although bad odds still. Had the fluke of Philly's goalies both being broken at once not happened, he'd still be in Detroit.