• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

NHL Chooses Las Vegas for 17-18 Expansion

Rate this topic

Silliest thing I have heard in a long time but it's Bettman so what do we expect. People who live in Vegas don't like to go anywhere near the strip so why would you expect them to come to the strip to watch a sport they have no interest in watching? The novelty of guys like me going to a Wing's game once a year or every couple of years will wear off pretty quick. Over/under on this lasting more than 7 years?

Quebec City must be fuming right now. Why would the league expand at all when teams like Florida, Carolina and Arizona can't draw fans to their games?

Its a guaranteed market. Look at Winnipeg and the success they have had since moving from Atlanta. It makes no sense to me at all.

Quebec City must be fuming right now. Why would the league expand at all when teams like Florida, Carolina and Arizona can't draw fans to their games?

Too be fair our dollar is in the toilet. They probably wanna see it stabilise before bringing in another Canadian team.

They might make some money out of people who choose to go to Vegas when their team is playing. I doubt people would go just to see the game. It would be more like, "When are we going to Vegas?" "I don't know. Check the schedule and see when the Wings are playing the Crap Shooters and we'll go then."

Who knows, though... maybe people who live in Vegas who came from colder regions (or California) who are already hockey fans will support a team just to have some hockey games to attend.

I still think it's a dumb idea though.

Too be fair our dollar is in the toilet. They probably wanna see it stabilise before bringing in another Canadian team.

That and more importantly i believe a team will relocate to Quebec City ... Maybe Carolina Hurricanes

And don't forget Winnipeg got Atlanta during a hockey season so it's a possibility Quebec also joins Vegas in 2017-2018

living here in Albuquerque, i might actually give vegas a try.

having visited a few times, i think it might work out.

compare it to a "show" in pricing, it would be one of the cheaper ticket prices in town.

my biggest fear about the whole thing is after hours trouble the players can get into.

*cough...hudler..cough*

a town built on hookers , drinking and gambling will become a hot spot for "girlfriends & addictions" as each team wanders in.

imagine probert, visiting vegas 2-4x a year. ahem.

tsn can report

"corey perry is missing from practice..having a rash looked into."

"patrick kane has been arrested for starting a fight with 16 spring breakers from Tennessee"

" dustin bufuglien has left the game early in the 3rd period, his tickets for "blue man group" have him seating at 8:30 showing"

etc...