• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Red Wings trade Vanek to FLA for (D) Dylan McIlrath and Conditional 3rd Round Pick

Rate this topic

I kind of like the idea of actually having a dman who can clear the crease. How many cluster f***s have occurred around our net where our d just swing their sticks instead of clearing bodies and the puck ends up in the back of the net. Not saying I'm impressed with the return for Vanek but it's better than nothing and the kid is still only 24. Maybe he can still step his game up

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, the top of the draft sucks, as in no elite players like McDavid, Matthews. The rest of the draft, aka 2nd round and later, is pretty standard. I'd take a 3rd in this years draft every time over a 3rd a year from now...

Exactly, not sure why people don't get this.

3 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

I'm not a Holland slappy or anything, but reading some comments in this thread is pretty funny. None of us really know what has been going on behind the scenes, any offers he's got and such. Why are we complaining about Holland not waiting long enough? Then if he had waited, we'd be seeing the opposite.

I honestly doubt that there was a better offer out there that he chose to say no, I'll go with this one, instead.

Your seriously going say we couldn't of landed a 3rd for 50% salary retained and a garbage prospect 2 hours from now? 

Only reason  we got a good return for smith Is because he kept telling the rangers he wanted to resign smith and just lucked his way into that deal

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your seriously going say we couldn't of landed a 3rd for 50% salary retained and a garbage prospect 2 hours from now? 

Only reason  we got a good return for smith Is because he kept telling the rangers he wanted to resign smith and just lucked his way into that deal

That and he's much younger than Vanek.  So that means there was a chance that he is much more potentially than just a rental.  Even if Vanek resigns with Florida (unlikely as he'll have too high of a sense of his value and want to test market), his prime years are fading fast.

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

No, I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that I'm not part of any of those NHL organizations and I don't know a damn thing about what happens in their trade discussions, so I am not going to assume what he could or couldn't get 2 hours from now.

But hey, maybe you're involved and have more information than us and can confidently sit there and say you know for a fact what could have happened 2 hours from now. Good for you.

Honestly, I'm not pissed about the Vanek trade, if the market demanded Vanek, someone woudl have beaten Florida's offer.

What I am pissed about is that we didn't move Green this year where we could get a ton of value given that he's not a rental and we could hold a ton of salary back.  Could've gotten a huge return for Green.  Not trading Green this season is a REALLY poor choice by Holland imo.

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We don't know what other teams were still in it at the time.. maybe the rest backed out and it was just Florida or they were just the best offer and said it was now or never. 

Just now, GoalieManPat said:

For as much credit Holland earned for the Smith deal he loses twice as much for this one. FLA should be in jail for the beating the just put on Holland.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Strongly disagree.  I'm certain that Holland let other teams know what it would take to get a deal done and no one was willing to beat Florida's offer.  Are you saying you'd rather have held on to Vanek and gotten nothing?

10 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

We got hosed in this trade, it was like trading a charizard card for 2 pikachus.

Analogy is only worthwhile once you realize that the Charizard card becomes valueless at the end of the season.  And you paid nothing to acquire the card (free agent signing).

Edit: In which case, I will take the 2 pikachus.

Edited by greenrebellion

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Do people really think Holland didn't try to pry away something better?

I'll be the 1st to admit that I've talked crap about Holland, but he probably had limited offers in return...Many here are over-valuing Vanek.

This. I'm as upset about the trade as anyone. But acting like Kenny deliberately took the worst offer is nonsense. Looks like the market wasn't as strong as we thought.

8 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Analogy is only worthwhile once you realize that the Charizard card becomes valueless at the end of the season.  And you paid nothing to acquire the card (free agent signing).

Edit: In which case, I will take the 2 pikachus.

ya well the charizard helps you win the tournament 

20 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

No, I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that I'm not part of any of those NHL organizations and I don't know a damn thing about what happens in their trade discussions, so I am not going to assume what he could or couldn't get 2 hours from now.

But hey, maybe you're involved and have more information than us and can confidently sit there and say you know for a fact what could have happened 2 hours from now. Good for you.

I'm using my brain and common sense , your telling me holland calls Chicago,San Jose, at 230 offer to pay half vaneks salary for a 3rd and we get no takers?

give me a f***en break 

why we are complaining again? the guy (kh) has never been a seller, he is learning, give him a credit for not giving up, and some prize for ******* participation.